About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The journal 'Public Policy and Administration' (Viešoji politika ir administravimas) publishes results of research on complex social problems which require an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approach.
We seek to include contributions on complex issues related to individual, group, organization's performance and its improvement, processes of integration both from a general philosophical point of view and concerning the global and local environment.
There is also a focus on articles devoted to the development of social research that contributes to improving the ways of addressing complex social issues. This distinguishes the journal among other publications in the field.
Peer Review Process and Plagiarism
A submission to journal Public Policy and Administration (Viešoji politika ir administravimas) must be the original work of the author(s) and must not be published elsewhere or under consideration for another publication in its submitted or a substantially similar form in any language. All contributions will be refereed. Every contribution submitted to Public Policy and Administration (Viešoji politika ir administravimas) will be sent to two reviewers selected by the editors. Authors are welcome to suggest suitable independent reviewers and may also request the journal to exclude certain individuals or laboratories. The review process is double-blind, i.e. the authors are not informed about the reviewers and vice versa.
The primary purpose of the review is to provide the editors with the information necessary to make a decision. The review should also instruct the authors on how to strengthen their article up to the point where it should be acceptable. A negative review should explain to the authors the weaknesses of their manuscript, so that rejected authors can understand the basis for the decision and see, in broad terms, what needs to be done to improve the manuscript to be published anywhere. The editors reserve the right to reject manuscripts and to require revisions of contributions.
The journal Public Policy and Administration (Viešoji politika ir administravimas) protects the rights of authors and investigate claims of plagiarism or misunderstandings of published articles. Submitted articles are checked with duplication-checking software CrossRef. If the fact of plagiarism is estimated Editorial Team of Journal has the right to take action including, but not limited to: publishing an erratum or corrigendum (correction); retracting the article; inform the head of the author's institution and/or relevant academic bodies or societies as well as the authors of the original manuscript.
The journal Public Policy and Administration (Viešoji politika ir administravimas) is a peer-reviewed research journal published by Kaunas University of Technology. The journal is committed to ensuring ethics in publication and quality of articles. Conformance to standards of ethical behaviour is therefore expected of all parties involved: Editors, Reviewers and Authors.
- Editors should evaluate manuscripts exclusively based on their academic merit.
- Editors’ decisions to accept or reject the article for publication should be based on the importance, originality and clarity of the article, and the validity of the research and its relevance to the journal.
- Editors should ensure that material submitted to their journal remains confidential while under review.
- Editors should ensure that appropriate reviewers are selected for review.
- Editors should ensure that the journal employs double-blind peer review. Reviewers are not aware of the identity of the authors and authors of the identity of reviewers.
- Editors should take reasonable responsive measures when ethical complaints have been presented concerning a submitted manuscript or published article.
- Editors maintain and promote the policy of screening for plagiarism.
- Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively, and observations should be formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors could understand it and use them for improving the quality of the article.
- Reviewers should comment on the originality of submissions and should be alert to redundant publication and plagiarism.
- Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the articles.
- Reviewers assist the editors in deciding to publish a submitted manuscript. By formulating suggestions to the authors, the reviewers can contribute to the improvement of submitted works.
- Authors should ensure that their work is entirely original, not published before.
- Authors should ensure that if the information is taken from other sources, it is clearly cited and all permissions are obtained. If the work of others has been used in the article, it must be appropriately acknowledged.
- Authors understand that plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable.
- Authors should ensure that the article has not been previously published and it is not submitted for other journals.
- Authors should ensure that all data presented in the article is true.
- The corresponding author should ensure that there is a full consensus of all co-authors in approving the final version of the article and its submission for publication.
Journal is in four issues per year: every year Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) and Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) prepare two issues each.
Open Access Policy
This journal is published open access under the CC-BY 4.0 licence which allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles. The journal provides open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The journal is distributed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY 4.0) license.
The copyright for the articles in this journal is retained by the author(s) with the first publication right granted to the journal. the authors agree to the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 agreement under which the article in the Journal is licensed.
Published since 2002.