Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- References must be arranged and presented in Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition. It is expected that the newest research will be included in the manuscript.
- Commentaries are usually short articles that consist of 1000 to 1500 words. They are drawing the reader's attention to, or critique a book, report, or article that is already published.
- Perspective articles are scholarly reviews about recent ideas as well as fundamental concepts in a specific field of interest. Usually, they are written in essay form, consist of 2000 words. Perspective articles represent a personal and criticizing author's view on some popular notions about a particular field.
- Opinion articles consist only of the author’s viewpoint on a particular study’s interpretation, methods, or analysis. The author can comment on the strengths and weaknesses of a certain hypothesis or theory, and the articles are usually both backed by sound evidence and based on constructive criticism.
An erratum or corrigendum is a correction of a published article.
Essay is a short article, up to 1500 words. It represents the author's opinion or experience.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.